Friday, April 1, 2011

RATS: CHRISTMAS TAKES A TURN FOR THE WORSE


Dearest Friends,

Come Christmas Eve, I was a happy, happy girl, despite being so far from home.  I had a little tree with twinkle lights on it, and a few simple gifts beneath it.


I had Christmas cards and letters to read, from old friends and new.


Best of all, we were able to raise a toast to living the adventure of a lifetime, and having someone wonderful to share it with.  But, then, things got just a little too adventurous for my liking.

We were upstairs in the bathroom, getting ready for bed, when I caught sight of something dark and furry out of the corner of my eye.  And, it wasn't a tiny something.  It was a rather large something.  "Uh, John...please tell me I didn't just see a rat running down the hall towards our bedroom!"  How did he react?  Like any brave and ferocious he-man with a family to protect -- he pulled on his boots and britches, and grabbed the only weapon he could find!


Apparently, I grabbed a camera, and climbed onto the only table I could find...(to be continued)

No comments: