Tuesday, February 14, 2012

THOSE HALL BOYS

Dearest Friends,

One of the new families, the Halls, weren't really new at all.  They had lived on that same compound several years before, when it was about half its current size, had gone back to live in the States for a few years, and had now returned. They had two sons -- Kevin, a year older than our Austin, and Christopher, a year older than Lex. As soon as we got back from home leave we were introduced to the parents, Tom and Teri, and I called to invite the boys over to play.

Austin and Kevin at the beach.
Not long after they arrived, my daughter snuck into my bedroom and whispered, "Mom! I think I'm in love!" She was referring, of course, to the older boy Christopher -- the one with the ginormous dimples. I guess Austin and Kevin didn't hit it off quite as well. In fact, I just heard not long ago that Kevin actually made Austin cry that day, by telling him that all his video games were "dumb." Kinda funny, considering how things turned out. You see, within a few short weeks, Alexis had decided that Chris was just as irritating as every other boy she knew. But, Austin and Kevin? Well, they've been best buds ever since!

Austin, Kevin and Lex at Renaissance Festival

No comments: