Monday, March 21, 2011

MISS BECKY DOES IT AGAIN

Bowling with I & I

Dearest Friends,

Well, I've already shared with you my most embarrassing moments while living at Anyer Beach.  Now I suppose it's time to share my Cilegon moment.  Hmmm, or is it an Anyer moment?  A bit of both, I suppose, for after we had moved to Cilegon, we got word that they were going to start up a bowling league back at Anyer Beach.  We decided to join, even though it would take up half of John's one day off, and meant we'd be driving home late at night, which was somewhat scary over there.  The couple in the photo with us were recent B&R imports from Britain, and an awful lot of fun.  I believe he was Scottish, and once, while gazing at the atrium in our townhouse, he asked me if we had any TOR-ussis.  "Huh?"  "TOR-ussis", he repeated.  "You know, the chaps who carry their homes on their backs?"  "Oh! (snicker, snicker)  You mean TURD-uls!"  Later, he got back at me by saying that only a Texan could take a simple word like Cairn (he pronounced it Con), and turn it into Cay-ir-nuh.

Anyhoo, back to the embarrassing bit.  One evening I went to get a soda or something, and when I came back, John was sitting in the scorekeeper's spot.  I walked up behind him and placed my hands on his shoulders.  Occasionally I would massage them a bit, or scratch his back.  He loves it when I scratch his back, and sure enough, he gave a little wriggle each time I did it.

A short time later the next bowler stepped up to the line.  Imagine my surprise, when I realized it was none other than my hubby!  It suddenly dawned on me, if John was up there, then who the heck...?  I glanced down just in time to see his buddy A. turn and grin up at me.  "AAACK!  You're not John!" I screamed, leaping away as if my hands were on fire.  "Nope."  "Well why the heck didn't you say something sooner?"  "I dunno.  Just curious, I guess, to see how long it would take you to notice."  Again, I don't remember for certain, but I'm pretty sure someone else got bopped up side the head about then.

The Infamous A.

1 comment:

BlogFront said...

Hi Miss Becky,

BlogFront.org is committed to uphold the quality standards of blogging. We strive to maintain and promote only the most credible blogs in their respective fields.

Spam blogs or "splogs" has been a problem for some time now and people are getting confused about which blog to trust.

We would like to thank you for maintaining such a reputable blog. We know that it takes time, effort and commitment to keep such a blog and as such, we have added your blog as one of the top Boomers Blogs.

You can see your blog listed here: http://blogfront.org/boomers/4

You can also claim your BlogFront Top Blogs badge at http://blogfront.org/badges/boomers

Thank you for keeping your blog credible. Let's keep the blog revolution alive!

Maria Blanchard
BlogFront.org
Blog Revolucion