Thursday, March 1, 2012

THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER: PARTY DOWN!

Our two kids (far left), accompanied by our friend Crys on the piano, perform in the school Christmas program.
Dearest Friends,

The Christmas season of that second year in Sumatra turned out to be one of the best ones yet. Just like the year before, the celebrating began at Thanksgiving and went non-stop through New Years. What made this season so special? Well, we were no longer the newbies who didn't know anyone, for starters. Also, one of the very best parties (in my opinion) was going to he at our own house, and I had lots of wonderful people helping me to pull it off. Best of all, though, was the fact that this time, we would have a special guest here to celebrate it with us!



In preparation for the big bash, Asnah and Fatima helped me to clean house, polish silver, and crank out enough appetizers to fill my freezer; our gardener and driver helped us move most of the furniture out to the garage and polish up the dance floor; and we had four wonderful couples co-hosting with us, who borrowed bartenders from the restaurant and helped stock our bar for the evening. Dig my cute hubby in his "Texas Tux", complete with jeans and boots!



Our friends Tom and Teri Hall came in costume. Get it? Deck the Halls!

I flew out to meet my sister Carolyn in Singapore, and we got back just in time for the company Christmas dinner and kid's party up at the restaurant. The only downside was that, once again, Alexis was somewhat ticked about not being old enough to be one of Santa's Elves!




When it was all over and done with, and I would normally be feeling a bit blue, my sister and I still had something really special to look forward to. Hong Kong!

No comments: